Your Local Business in Jacksonville Needs SEO
Local search engine optimization is all about your business to appear when potential customers that are near your company’s physical address use keywords that are relevant to what you offer. In another words, you’ll come up on the search results when potential customers perform searches for relevant keywords in combination with a geographical area where you have your business.
Local SEO for small businesses
If you are a dentist in Jacksonville, you will want your clinic to come up in the search results when someone in Jacksonville is looking for dental care. Likewise, you want to appear when someone is actually in the South and is looking for a dentist on his mobile phone. This is when SEO in Jacksonville is important for you be discovered and consulting with an SEO expert is worth every penny.
How do local searches work?
Google has different ways to find out where your business is located, based on physical addresses, IP addresses, which network your site is hosted, past searches, cookies that you use, etc. However, it is not so important for you as a small business owner to keep track of. It’s more important to understand a little more how your customers are actually searching for your goods or services online.
Three types of local searches
You can divide the searches your potential customers do in three different types.
Contextual search – someone searches for your keyword in combination with a geographic location where the person seeking actually are, for example, “Dentists in Jacksonville.”
Derived search – someone searches for your keyword in combination of a geographical location where your business is, but the person is located in another city. For example, someone in Miami searches for “Dentist in Jacksonville”.
Meaning search – Anyone looking only at the “dentist”, or perhaps merely “dental”.
Part of putting together a local SEO strategy is to figure out what type of searches your potential customers do.
Five Tips to improve local seo
There are several things you can do to improve local SEO. Below is a list of five tips that you would do to get a good kick start.
- Get a complete “Google My Business Profile” – with a verified account so Google will have an idea what you’re offering.
- Having relevant content on your site that your visitors will enjoy engaging with. This is more on the so-called “on page optimization“, to have good content as well as technically correct ranking site.
- Make sure that your business name, address and telephone number are in several places on the internet. Just remember the format NAP and you’ll be easily spotted on the internet in no time.
- Be sure to get other good sites to link to your site. Google estimates that if the sites that they consider to have high page ranking links to you, well, then your site should also be of high quality. You can ask bloggers, business partners or even satisfied customers to dot his for you.
- Make sure to get good customer reviews, both on your own site, but also on external sites.