When you’re starting you’re own business, you need to have something that could represent your company and make you different from the rest. This is when logo design comes to scene to provide a unique quality to a business or service.
Logo design is a piece of cake. Well, that’s what most people would say but, it’s not that simple. In creating a logo design, there are some factors that you need to consider in order to make it presentable and worthy of being your brand.
Here are some awesome tips to get you started:
Avoid clichés and be unique. You need to come up with a logo design that is unique for you to completely stand out. Avoid imitating other brands as it will just create confusion. Instead, try to go for something that you think is different than others. Another idea is to use unexpected icons to represent your business. For instance, Apple didn’t use a computer icon to represent their company.
Understand what your brand is about. Try to note down the qualities that your brand should have. The personality of your brand will be influenced by these following factors: your target market, what you’re offering and art style. Are you going for a more contemporary look? Or do you want something fun? You also need to make sure that your logo tells a meaningful story about your brand.
The power of color. Different colors evoke different emotions. Bright colors tend to translate an active and positive feeling. Darker colors seem to give out a sophisticated and serious feeling. If you find yourself confuse in what color really works for you, you could check the psychology of color to know which color reflects your brand appropriately.
Name it. Logotypes are pretty popular because it easily represent a business just by using its name. You can use some free fonts to personalize your logotype. However, if your brand name is too common, you might need to add s symbol just to make it more unique.
Simplicity is beauty. It’s a good idea to make your logo exquisite and eye-catching, but it can be useless when people find it hard to understand what it is. A simple logo design can be more flexible especially when it comes to applying in different kind of platforms such as business cards, t-shirts and so on. If you’re opting to do something simple, try to utilize negative space to create an interesting contrast.
Not an overnight success. The success of logo relies also with the success of your business. If you have gain sufficient reputation in what you do, your logo will more likely get the needed exposure as well. Be patient and do your best in handling your target market’s concerns.
Research. If you need some inspiration, you can check popular logos and analyze what made them effective and popular. There are also a lot of sites that offer free logos that you can work with but, they require a fee if you want a higher resolution. If you think, you can’t do it on your own, you could hire a designer or you could go to a crowdsourcing site which can give you different options to choose from.
Want to know more about the psychology of colors? Check the video below:
There’s a point in our lives when we somehow couldn’t think creatively and our minds just stop working. This roadblock typically happens when you’re practically the same things over and over again.
No fret! We have compiled some great tips that could inspire you in your marketing strategies:
- The power of hashtags. You can try to participate in some daily or weekly hashtags such as #ootd or #tbt to be active in the online community. This also adds up to posting regularly which can make people see that you really like to engage. A lot people join in these events and they would more likely get familiar with your brand.
- Pin it! Try to share your images about your business for people to see. For example, if you’re a local restaurant, try to post visually appealing food that you have. Infographics are a big hit now so, you might want to invest in that, too.
- Spy a bit. Facebook has a feature called Pages to Watch which can give you some insight on the popular pages in your industry. Check out your competition and see what makes their most shared posts interesting.
- Paint a mural. If there is an available space in your community where you can paint a mural, grab the opportunity to showcase your brand. People would see your mural and get more familiar about your business.
- Contests. People love to join contests knowing that they’ll win something free of charge. Photo contests are a great way to create some engagement and you can even get the chance to obtain user generated content. You can also do some caption contests. Just post a photo then label it with “Caption This” and you would be thrilled by the amount of comments you will receive. For an additional boost, you could add a hashtag for your contest.
- Let the people vote. This is a good way to get some genuine data about what people really care for. Try to create some poll questions that are related to your business and people’s concerns.
- Infographics. As we mentioned before, infographics are a big hit now. People love read visual content which is more interesting than regular text. There are different types of infographics that you could do such as informative, quirky and so on. You can do it on your own or you could go to websites that have free templates you could use.
- Videos. You can do short video blog to catch people’s attention. You could try to demonstrate what you do or you could try to tell a story about your business.
- Curate quality content. You can try to share quality content from others to increase traffic. Never forget to give credit though. You don’t want to be accused of plagiarism.
Want more tips on curating content? Check the video below:
For big businesses and popular brands, marketing is simple as ABC for them for they have enough resources to develop a large campaign. However for small business owners, it would be quite a challenge to think of marketing strategies especially if they’re on a tight budget. It can get more difficult when you don’t know where to start or where to invest your money well.
So, we gathered some useful tips that small business owners could do to be able to market their business and make it grow:
Research is the key. You need to invest time in researching who your target market is. What is their age range and where do they usually hangout – online or offline? It’s very important to know these information so that you’ll be able to come up with a marketing strategy that narrows down to a specific audience. You would also be able to build your marketing messages accordingly. Another thing that you need to do research on is your competitors, try to check what’s good about their product or service and what they lack that you could provide to your potential customers. This gives you more insight on what things you need to improve in your business make it more competitive.
Create a strong online presence. This is vital because most people use the internet to check on businesses and even do their shopping. You need to create a strong online presence especially in social platforms where your potential customers would usually hang out. Try to have a professional feel when creating your brand account and let your page show what your business is all about. Social platforms are really good in increasing engagement with your target audience and another great thing is, you can hold some contest or events to create some buzz.
It’s all in the content. If you are investing more on content marketing, make sure you create interesting content. You don’t want a content that people would just ignore. Try to go for content that would be meaningful to your readers. You can do this by telling a story that your customers could easily relate to. This would increase the possibility of more engagement if you understand and talk about what concerns your target market.
Advertise online. If you can invest on sponsored ads on Facebook, it will give your business page more exposure to potential customers. Users will see your sponsored post on their timelines which can make them more curious and more likely to visit your page. With more exposure, you can have increased web traffic, improve brand awareness and probably more engagement.
Strong local connections. If you’re a local business, you need to be a part of the community and try to build connections with our local businesses in your area. You can hand out some fliers or some coupons at some local establishments and maybe you can some exchanges, too by mutually promoting each other. You could also join a group for small business owners in your local area to expand your business circle. It’s always better to work with people who are on the same page as you.
Patience in a virtue. There is no such things as instant success. You need to be patient and persistent in marketing your business to reap satisfactory results. Remember, it took years for popular brands to get the fame that they have today. Hard work and investing more time in making your business shine will eventually reward you.
Is content marketing a blur? Check out Kevin Spacey’s view about it: